Writing and Spelling Activities
Writing a Persuasive Speech
Remember to use a range of sentence types to maintain the interest of your audience and to persuade them to your way of thinking. Can you include:
If, if,if, then
Good luck :-)
Y5/6 Spelling List Challenge and Linked Tasks
Creative Writing Prompts
Resources for Limerick Day
Year 5/6 Spelling Words Kahoots
Improve Your Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar!
Let's Get Writing!
What will your inspiration be? Maybe a book you are reading or a period in history which intrigues you? Perhaps you've carried our some research on a country or a famous inventor/ scientist? You might want to just let your imagination run free and write an original story!
Choose from the genres below:
- Narrative/ story writing
- A blog/ email
- Newspaper article/ reporting
- Monologue (writing from the perspective of a character/ person)
- Diary entry
- Information text
- Explanation text
- Poetry (explore the many forms- be creative!)
- Write a description (character/ setting)
- Writing a story from the perspective of an inanimate object e.g Cinderella's Slipper, the Endurance boat from Shackleton's Journey.
- A match report of a sporting event
Use the 'Sentence Ideas' document to ensure you include a variety of sentence types. Remember, varying the order of the words in our sentences makes your writing more interesting for your reader!